Let’s face it when your phone buzzes in your pocket your first instinct is to look at it, or your co-worker may ask if you want a cup of tea or coffee; as well as all that you get five new emails to spring up at the same time! face it, staying focused at work can be difficult these days.
But what can we do to make sure we are staying productive at work?
Us here at BookingHound have come together to give you guys 7 terrific different ways that can help you to stay focused at work.
1) Plan ahead – Make a list of important things that you absolutely have to do for a particular day and ensure that each one is ticked off the list at the end of the day. If you’re feeling adventurous, add a secondary list of other high-priority tasks that you can start after.
2) Take regular breaks – It might sound counterintuitive but taking breaks can really help you stay focused. After a three-hour working block your mind is going to start getting distracted, so take a 5-10 minute break to breathe, have a cup of tea and do something which doesn’t involve computers or rushing around.
3) Turn off your notifications – Notification overload is a real problem for anyone with a smartphone, quite frankly, we all at
4) Tidy your workspace – Messy, unorganised desks have been proven to raise levels of stress in staff
5) Motivate yourself – The more you focus on something, the faster you get tired. That’s why it’s important that you get yourself suitably motivated before setting out on a task. Listen to a song that makes you want to dance or throughout the give yourself a little internal speech to get yourself excited before you go tackle your task.
6) Have something to write on – When you’re working, you generate dozens of ideas that can throw you off course. Instead of chasing them then and there, write them down in a notepad or piece of paper. Pursuing these ideas later can save significant time and mental energy.
7) Last of all, Get comfortable – It might sound simplistic, but how comfortable we heavily dictate how effective we can be at work. Cramped, uncomfortable office furniture leads to us thinking more about where we’re sat than the task in front of us. Ask your boss for a new chair or go out and invest in one yourself, you won’t regret it…
These are just a handful of the ways in which we at BookingHound have come us with to help you can improve your focus at work and ramp up your productivity. Give them a try!
If your business takes bookings you can really let them keep focused by using an Online Booking System by reducing the number of calls, taking payments online and have a history of all bookings in one place. To have a one-to-one demo of our system sign up to our online demo!
Why not get in touch with the online booking system experts here at BookingHound? No matter what your customers want to book, no matter what services you offer, having a reliable online ticketing system is a great addition to your business. Call us on +44 (0)20 8736 0566 or email email@example.com or click here to booking your 1-to-1 demo of our system.